Sunday After Action Review (28JAN2018)
The Sunday After Action Review is a collection of the best articles that we’ve read this week.
Know of a good article or blog that we should read? Please let us know in the comments.
- Here’s an interesting article for those Nervous about sky high stock prices from the Early Retirement Now blog. A close relative and a lifelong friend both called me this week asking me if they should sell. My response: “I have no idea.” What I do know is that market timing is for suckers. Scratch that – car loans are for suckers. Market timing is just a bad idea – google it.
- PBS has a new series of short and purposefully cheesy personal finance videos that are packed with truth. Their episode one is titled “How Cars Can Keep You Poor”. As I said…TRUTH. Check out Two Cents (sorry, Facebook only).
- I made $500 fixing my toilet. This Marine saved $9000 cutting his own hair. This article reminded me of the added indignity of paying $10 to have my head shaved bald – good times.
- Don’t die! BUT when you do, make sure that all your loot goes where it’s supposed to. It’s free to manage the beneficiaries on your insurance policies and other investments. The Retire Gen X blog has a good discussion.
- CNBC.com is full of clickbait articles, but I love stories of athletes managing their money well. Here’s one about how Alvin Kamara celebrated his NFL contract and the $1.4M signing bonus with some chicken wings.
- More football – Sports Illustrated reported that Jimmy Garoppolo will make more money from the Super Bowl than Tom Brady. If you don’t know football, Tom Brady is the only one of those two quarterbacks who is actually on a team in the Super Bowl.