Another Simple Way to Get Rich in the Military – Learn a Lucrative and Marketable Skill
We’ve discussed a number of ways to get rich in the military. The next way is to use the military to learn a lucrative and marketable skill.
You can use tuition assistance, military training, scholarships, or the GI Bill. With these you can learn medicine, cybersecurity, dentistry, law…whatever you want. Let the military train you to earn a high salary both in and outside of the military.
A Case Study
This is actually how I made my Military Millions. I attended one of the most expensive medical schools in the country. At the time tuition was approximately $55,000 per year.
I used the Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP) to pay for it. The Navy paid for my tuition, books, and supplies. In addition, I received a monthly stipend to live off of. While I didn’t get one, now you get a sign-on bonus too.
Four years later, I graduated from medical school with absolutely no student loans or debt. If I hadn’t used the HPSP program, I’d probably have owed about $300,000 by the time I was done with school.
I took my debt free MD, certainly a lucrative and marketable skill/degree, and the rest is history. I used it to make my Military Millions.
What Program Should You Use?
If you are looking to make your own Military Millions, you’ll want to make sure you learn a lucrative skill.
What are lucrative skills? Here is a good article that lists the 25 highest paying jobs in America. They are listed below with links to military programs and career paths:
- Physician (Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard)
- Pharmacy Manager (Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard)
- Patent Attorney (Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard)
- Medical Science Liaison
- Pharmacist (Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard)
- Enterprise Architect
- Physician Assistant (Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard)
- Applications Development Manager
- Research and Development Manager
- Corporate Controller
- Software Engineering Manager (Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard)
- Information-Technology Architect
- Software Architect
- Nurse Practitioner (Army, Navy, Air Force)
- Solutions Architect
- Data Architect
- Information-Technology (IT) Program Manager (Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard)
- User Experience Manager
- Systems Architect
- Plant Manager
- Scrum Master (Never heard of this one…)
- Financial Planning and Analysis Manager (Army)
- Nuclear Engineer (Navy)
- Attorney (Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard)
You can also get specific info by going to these sites and searching for the skills/careers you are interested in:
Learn a lucrative and marketable skill and make your own Military Millions!