Sunday AAR (11MAR2018)
The Sunday After Action Review is a collection of the best articles that we’ve read this week.
Know of a good article or blog that we should read? Please let us know in the comments.
- The retire-early, live-a-life-of-fulfillment-and-happiness guru Mr. Money Mustache posted an interesting read this week about money and confidence. In it, he shares his Recipe for Badass Confidence, and suggests that in order to make early retirement a reality, you need both money and confidence. He supports his theory with a compelling personal story that makes you wonder why you’re still setting the alarm clock every Monday morning.
- The stock market has been alternating between crushing it and getting crushed. We may be at a peak – should we invest? Mama Fi$h Saves is a new blog for me. She says keep buying and makes a very good case for it.
- We frequently talk about Vanguard and how their low cost, passive investment strategy historically has outperformed active money management. In this article Jonathan Clements (HumbleDollar) starts with that thread and spins in some wisdom about life, expectations, and how to know when enough is enough.
- If you are just getting started or know someone who is, this 20 Steps to Effective DIY Investing from PassiveIncomeMD.com is a good read. Also check out the MilitaryMillions Steps to Financial Security.
- Grunting/yelling improves sports performance both directly and by distracting your opponent. I’m thinking drill sergeants have known this for a long time. I recall the bayonet course being one part yelling and one part steel delivery.