Sunday AAR (25MAR2018)
The Sunday After Action Review is a collection of the best articles that we’ve read this week.
Know of a good article or blog that we should read? Please let us know in the comments.
- In this blog post on one of my favorite blogs, a doctor who self-published a children’s book on Amazon gives you some tips she learned along the way. Anyone willing to spend the time can become a published author, and you never know if you’ll hit it big.
- In another post from one of my favorite blogs, Kristine Hayes explains what FIRE means. If you don’t know, FIRE stands for Financial Independence Retire Early. It is our hope that Military Millions will serve as a resource for those in the military to pursue FIRE if they want to. Interested? I’d start with our steps to financial security series or read about all the different ways to get rich in the military.
- The Finance Buff doesn’t like the term FIRE. He prefers Financially Comfortable and Pivot. He tells you why here.
- Talent management is a hot topic in the military right now. The Military Officers Association of American, which is a great organization to join if you qualify, tells you about how the service Secretaries want to shake up the military’s personnel system.
- How much would $10,000 invested in the S&P 500 in 1976 be worth today? Mustard Seed Money tells you in this post. Here’s a hint…it’s a lot…and that’s why almost all of my investments are in stocks.
- Financial Panther…now that’s a cool blog name. In this post he tells you how to get paid simply to live your life.