Sunday AAR (08APR2018)
The Sunday After Action Review is a collection of the best articles that we’ve read this week.
Know of a good article or blog that we should read? Please let us know in the comments.
- Here’s an excellent post from the White Coat Investor. 11 Financial Lessons from The Greatest Showman.
- Roboadvisors offer a compelling product. Generally, their fees are extremely low and their investment advice is sound. Unfortunately, some of them are seeking larger profits by straying from their traditional passive investing strategies. This article also provides an introduction to the roboadvisor concept. Worth a look if you need help managing your money.
- JD Roth has another good article – this one provides a refresher on the power of compounding. It’s a lesson that I could listen to weekly.
- Here’s a guest post by our favorite blogger in the Humble Dollar. I rode in the cars he talks about. They were crap. They were so crappy that I took pictures of them. I took even more pictures in the base exchange parking lot. We’re talking crappy cars everywhere. We should do that stateside too. Somebody tell all the privates. Oh, and the first sergeants too.
- Let’s make it a theme. This is a related article from the Winning Personal Finance blog. Combine compounding with expensive cars and that nice ride could be costing you millions. There’s a link in that post to another about the most and least expensive cars to maintain. The cost to maintain a BMW for ten years is only $1000 less than what I paid for my car new. Yes, it’s a crap box (Honda Fit), but I manage even while living in a part of the country where a popular family pet is an F-250.
- Speaking of crap (another theme this week)… Military.com published a hilarious article about pooping in the Marine Corps. Be sure to read the comments – they are as funny as the article.