Military Monday – Money News You Can Use on 24 SEP 2018
It’s Monday, so I wanted to give you some military-specific financial news that you can use:
- If you were affected by the recent hurricanes, you should check out the list of resources for military members following a hurricane from the DoD’s Psychological Health Center of Excellence (formerly Deployment Health Clinical Center).
- TRICARE changed the rules and you can no longer switch between TRICARE Prime or Select (formerly Standard) whenever you want. If this interests you, read this Military.com article about how they just updated the rules to address concerns about access to care.
- Kate Horrell tells you why you shouldn’t use the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) to try and time the market. You don’t want to try and time the market. You want to maximize your time IN the market.
- Lacey Langford gives you here opinion about what you need to know about life insurance in the military. You can also check out our guide to buying life insurance in the military.
- The Military Monday Manual gives you his opinion on the best cash back credit cards for active duty military in 2018. You can see what’s in our wallet as well, and based on reader feedback I’m applying for the CitiBank Double Cash card. It gets you 2% cash back on everything you buy with it.
- The Military Wallet reviewed the USAA car buying service, which is something I’ll consider when purchasing my next car. We, however, don’t buy new and only buy used.
- The Military Officers Association of America gives some transition tips for veterans from a leader at Starbucks.