Military Monday – Money News You Can Use on 27 AUG 2018
It’s Monday, so I wanted to give you some military-specific financial news that you can use:
- If you ever feel like you’re just biding time until you hit retirement age, here’s a post from Grumpus Maximus with some tips to gut it out until you are eligible to retire with a pension.
- Here’s a Military Times article that summarizes the new rules on professional gear when you’re PCSing. Although my experience is that the movers don’t really care what I do or do not label pro gear, the DoD does so it can’t hurt to review this if you are PCSing soon.
- Here’s an article from The Military Guide about an issue that is easier read than done – maximizing your Thrift Savings Plan contributions when you are in a combat zone.
- Here’s another Military Times article that contains links to state-specific home buying programs for military members and veterans. If you are looking to move to a state, I’d check out their list and see if any programs could be useful to you.
- Finally, as we enter hurricane season, here’s another Military Times article about what VA loan users should do when natural disasters strike. I hope you don’t need their checklist, but if you ever do now you know it is there.