Military Monday – Money News You Can Use on 1 OCT 2018
It’s Monday, so I wanted to give you some military-specific financial news that you can use:
- As you probably already heard, there will be no government shutdown.
- This week there were a few articles about the GI Bill. Some students using the GI Bill received incorrect housing payments due to VA technical errors. Here’s an article from the Navy about how they updated the Post-9/11 GI Bill benefit transfer request process.
- One of the military bloggers (who I met at FinCon 18 this week) sent out a list of her favorite military blogger posts. There were some good ones on the list, including articles about the Survivor Benefit Plan, using Space-A flights, and real estate mistakes military members should avoid.
- The Military Officers Association of America had a number of useful updates, including a discussion of TRICARE fees in 2019, the new dental and vision insurance for retirees and their family members, tips for military spouses when negotiating salaries as well as an article with four experts talking about the basics of military spouse employment, and another article about the Blended Retirement System.
- This article gives you the rates for the new retiree dental insurance.
- Here’s a webinar from TRICARE on 11 OCT about the new dental and vision insurance coverage.
- The Military Money Manual tells you how you can get multiple AMEX Platinum cards by upgrading an AMEX Green card to another Platinum card.
- Last but not least…deploy or get out (it’s official now).